[dns-operations] DNS measurement standards

Kumar Ashutosh askuma at microsoft.com
Mon Dec 8 15:34:28 UTC 2014

Hi
This may be a repeated question, but hoping a quick reply on this. There are multiple tools to measure DNS server performance. And there are umpteen ways to measure as well.
I have come across many tools like ISC queryperf, nominum's DNSperf, Dnsbench etc...

I may start a debate, if I ask which one is the best. So let me ask which *are* the most popular and Is there a standard take on the way to measure.

Regards
Kumar Ashutosh
Microsoft