[dns-operations] Fwd: Google public DNS - getting SERVFAIL for any domains delegated to GoDaddy NSs

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Dec 8 08:38:49 UTC 2014

On Sun, Dec 07, 2014 at 01:17:40PM -0800,
 Doug Barton <dougb at dougbarton.us> wrote
 a message of 16 lines which said:

> FWIW, I get the expected answer from the goog here in California.

It seems there is *something* (but I don't know what) for *some*
people

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/public-dns-discuss/godaddy

https://twitter.com/voxframe/status/541651998093754368

If I had time, I would instruct 500 RIPE Atlas probes to resolve
GoDaddy's domains with 8.8.4.4 (not 8.8.8.8, which is queried by so
many probes that you cannot add one measurement). May be a pattern
would appear.