[dns-operations] REMINDER Re: Call for Participation -- ICANN DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN 52

Geoff Huston gih at apnic.net
Sat Dec 6 22:32:09 UTC 2014

> On 27 Nov 2014, at 1:52 am, Julie Hedlund <julie.hedlund at icann.org> wrote:
>
> Call for Participation -- ICANN DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN 52 in Singapore
>
> The DNSSEC Deployment Initiative and the Internet Society Deploy360 Programme, in cooperation with the ICANN Security and Stability Advisory Committee (SSAC), are planning a DNSSEC Workshop at the ICANN 52 meeting on 11 February 2015 in Singapore.  The DNSSEC Workshop has been a part of ICANN meetings for several years and has provided a forum for both experienced and new people to meet, present and discuss current and future DNSSEC deployments.  For reference, the most recent session was held at the ICANN meeting in Los Angeles on 15 October 2014. The presentations and transcripts are available at: http://la51.icann.org/en/schedule/wed-dnssec.
>
> We are seeking presentations on the following topics:
>
> 1.  DNSSEC activities in Asia
>
> For this panel we are seeking participation from those who have been involved in DNSSEC deployment in Asia and also from those who have not deployed DNSSEC but who have a keen interest in the challenges and benefits of deployment.  In particular, we will consider the following questions:  What can DNSSEC do for you? What doesn't it do?  What are the internal tradeoffs to implementing DNSSEC? What did you learn in your deployment of DNSSEC?  We are interested in presentations from both people involved with the signing of domains and people involved with the deployment of DNSSEC-validating DNS resolvers.

I can offer a brief (10 minute) summary of the use of DNSSEC-validating resolvers in the Asia Pacific region, looking at which countries have high levels of use of DNSSEC-validating resolvers, and which do not, and identifying those ISPs that have turned on DNSSEC-validating in their resolvers.

kind regards,

   Geoff

--

Geoff Huston