[dns-operations] reopening discussion of stalled i-d: draft-ietf-dnsop-edns-chain-query

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Dec 2 09:52:29 UTC 2014

Paul Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:

> yes. however, i think we're all assuming that since CHAIN is an EDNS
> option, that EDNS BUFSIZE will be at least 1500.

Why is back-to-back fragmented UDP OK when back-to-back unfragmented UDP isn't?

Why is TCP such a problem for name servers when web servers seem to cope OK?

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty, Forth: Southerly in east Forties at first, otherwise
northwesterly, 5 to 7, backing westerly 4 or 5. Moderate or rough, becoming
slight or moderate. Rain or showers, becoming fair. Good, occasionally poor in
Forties at first.