[dns-operations] First new gTLD using ICANN's "Name Collision Occurrence Management Framework"

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Fri Aug 29 15:40:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

For details of ICANN’s efforts related to name collisions, please see https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-collision-2013-12-06-en.

> Some, but also referrals to issues still under a disclosure policy not made public.

For clarification:

During the analysis associated with name collision, JAS Global Advisors discovered a vulnerability. In keeping with ICANN’s “Coordinated Vulnerability Disclosure Reporting” policy, JAS notified ICANN and the affected vendor(s). The exact nature of the vulnerability has not yet been released as the vendor(s) work to mitigate the potential impact of the vulnerability.

Full disclosure: I was on contract to JAS during their name collision efforts and have since joined ICANN.

Regards,
-drc