[dns-operations] Uptick in number of domains losing delegation recently

Dave Warren davew at hireahit.com
Wed Apr 23 04:57:25 UTC 2014

On 2014-04-22 21:05, David Conrad wrote:
> Jothan,
>
> On Apr 22, 2014, at 8:45 PM, Jothan Frakes <jothan at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Actually I am all about making sure contact info is correct and trimming away "perp" abuses.
> My understanding is that the toolbox to do this is somewhat limited.  What other mechanisms than domain suspension would you propose?

One thought would be to defer the suspension until the domain's renewal
date, since users will tend to expect their domain goes down if they
don't take some action at this time. Since the users are contacting us
and anticipating interaction, it's a good time ask for updated
information (and verify it)

It might not significantly improve the situation for users who do
multi-year renewals, but in my experience, these aren't super common.

--
Dave Warren
http://www.hireahit.com/