[dns-operations] Uptick in number of domains losing delegation recently

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Apr 22 19:24:01 UTC 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 12:01:39PM -0700,
 Todd Lyons <tlyons at ivenue.com> wrote
 a message of 31 lines which said:

> the expiration date is still a ways off, and whois is delegated to
> the correct DNS.  But when we do a dig +trace for that domain, the
> GTLD servers don't return any NS glue.

Do they return NXDOMAIN or something else? Frankly, you do not provide
enough hard details. The actual output of whois and dig +trace or one
of these domains would help. There can be many reasons for this sort
of behaviour (Andrew Sullivan's hypothesis seems very probable).