[dns-operations] DNS perf benchmarking tools

Francis Dupont Francis.Dupont at fdupont.fr
Sat Apr 5 13:34:30 UTC 2014

 In your previous mail you wrote:

>  For TCP maybe perftcpdns is something for you..  you could have a look at
>  the oarc website at the dublin workshop site.
>  There is a presentation about a TCP DNS performance test tool perftcpdns
>  and the sources..but it is not in a release state.

=> two comments:
 - I (or my ISC colleagues) never got a formal request to release a
  distrib of this tool (if you'd like to get it in contributed softwares
  in bind 9.10 it is time :-)

 - you have to very carefully define what you mean by TCP DNS performance
  or you can finish with interesting numbers about the NUT kernel
  (vs. name server) behavior...

Thanks

Francis.Dupont at fdupont.fr

PS: perhaps it is time to (re)open the TCP DNS thread?