[dns-operations] AAAA record for c.root-servers.net

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Apr 1 00:23:37 UTC 2014

On Mar 31, 2014, at 5:08 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

>> Yes.
>>
>> I posted the output for networks which cannot reach
>> c.root-servers.net over IPv6.
>
> Basically anyone using Hurricane Electric.

This is well known that Cogent (nee c.psi.net <-> c.root-servers) is not connected to Hurricane Electric.  It's odd that their IPv4 works between the networks and not IPv6 as the ISPs involved should have congruent policies for each AFI.

I suspect there's something "strategic" being done on the part of one of them in not keeping the policies the same.

The good news is the software will work around servers that don't respond.  If your software is buggy it can always be upgraded.

- Jared