[dns-operations] Resolution of sandia.gov from Verizon

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Tue Oct 29 20:35:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:

> I would be getting on the phone as REFUSED is not a response that
> is cached then returned in the down stream responses.  Normally
> upstream REFUSED become down stream SERVFAIL.  The usual way to get
> this is to configure a zone then set the acl to prevent respones.

This is exactly why this is so bizarre to me.  Additionally dnsviz.net has
NS records with server names in sandia.gov, yet dnsviz.net does not have
issues, so it doesn't appear to be a resolution issue, but rather a
resolver issue.

Anyway, we do have a call in to Verizon, but the callback time is 24-48
hrs.  I thought I'd try the list to see if we could find someone that knows
what they're talking about a bit sooner.

Cheers,
Casey