[dns-operations] Should medium-sized companies run their own recursive resolver?

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Thu Oct 17 08:09:28 UTC 2013

On 17.10.13 00:12, Jared Mauch wrote:
> Even small networks (I have a friend with a ~100 user wisp) shouldn't run their own caches. The economics of it don't support this.

Care to elaborate on this economic problem?

Just an reference point:
Most of today's smartphones already have more resources than the DNS
resolvers many small ISPs already use and those ISPs don't suffer from
any kind of trouble because of that.
And, these smartphones are considered disposable tech.

Daniel