[dns-operations] algorithm rollover strategies

Peter Koch pk at DENIC.DE
Thu Nov 28 10:39:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:16:33AM +0100, Matthijs Mekking wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6840#section-5.11

  I will consult the "Updated by" clause in the RFC index.
  I will consult the "Updated by" clause in the RFC index.
  I will consult ...

> to make sure that your zone does not go bogus anywhere during an
> algorithm rollover, it is best to follow the conservative approach.

The combination of rules for server/data and validator in RFC 6840 allows
for almost maximum finger pointing, thus I think the quoted advice is best.

-Peter