[dns-operations] It's begun...

Dan York york at isoc.org
Thu Nov 14 15:35:24 UTC 2013

On 11/14/13 10:13 AM, "Chris Thompson" <cet1 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:

>And today the following have appeared:
>
>  bike
>  construction
>  contractors
>  estate
>  gallery
>  graphics
>  land
>  plumbing
>  sexy
>  tattoo
>  technology

Oh, man....   ".tattoo"... really?  and ".sexy"?  Oh, this DNS thing is
going to get a whole lot crazier...

I wonder how much they will be able to sell "is.sexy" for?

Thanks for the heads-up... I notice the new strings have not yet made it
to ICANN's list of delegated strings:
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings  nor the
ICANN DNSSEC reports - I suspect we'll see the latter in tomorrow's
reports.  The list of delegated strings may be updated later today (if the
person doing that, for instance, is in the California office).

Dan

--
Dan York
Senior Content Strategist, Internet Society

http://www.internetsociety.org/deploy360/