[dns-operations] Opinions sought .... have I come to the right place?

Stephan Lagerholm stephan.lagerholm at secure64.com
Thu Nov 7 15:33:19 UTC 2013

Keep in mind that most cache system are using Least Recent Used
Algorithm for their cache without any removal of expired records.

So the reason that stuff gets thrown out is not because of TTL expiry,
but rather because the cache is full.

I don't know your exact test setup, but that might be why you are seeing
so many resolvers not respecting your TTL.

I think that is one of the reason why pre-fetching is giving such low
gain. Every now and then you are going to prefetch something nobody
wants on the expense of throwing out something that somebody actually
later wanted.

/Stephan