[dns-operations] DNS Performance Test Over TCP

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Wed May 22 15:51:53 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 22, 2013 at 10:16:50AM -0400, Jared Mauch wrote:
> [without research random musing]
>
> I would imagine you could just modify the source to use SOCK_STREAM
> instead of SOCK_DGRAM unless it uses sendto or recvfrom.  It would also

Setting up a TCP/IP connection in non-blocking fashion is very different
from doing UDP. TCP/IP also comes with the possibility of getting partial
writes, especially under benchmarking conditions, which requires buffering
and keeping state.

For this reason, none of the UDP-based tools has "just enabled" TCP/IP, we
would've if it were straightforward.

	Bert