[dns-operations] [ratelimits] bind force qtype=ANY to TCP

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue May 21 19:23:21 UTC 2013

On May 15, 2013, at 8:40 PM, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> I fixed the patch by moving where it does this check to before query_find as opposed to inside it.
>
> Thanks for the insight and input.

It looks like some people deployed this patch (or at least downloaded it based on user-agents with CURL and Wget).

I thought I'd share statistics seen on my DNS server:

http://puck.nether.net/~jared/bind-tcp-any-stats.txt

I have a feeling that it's not counting the stats properly when it sends a truncate on an ANY query, I should perhaps look at that later.

If you're also running this patch, I'm interested in hearing of your experiences.

- Jared