[dns-operations] Multi-master setups

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Tue May 21 08:20:17 UTC 2013

On 17 May 2013, at 15:53, Anand Buddhdev wrote:

> Aside from this idea, are there any other clever ideas people have
> implemented?

	Dunno how "clever" it is, or whether it would scale for you,
	but I use TSIG to identify slaves, rather than IP address.
	This trick decouples any renumbering or duplication in the
	slave's host organization from my configuration management.

	As you slave 43.137.in-add.arpa for me, you have a worked
	example. 8-)

	Thanks to Phil Pennock for suggesting a solution with rsync
	which seems also to fit another problem I've been wanting
	to deal with.

	/Niall