[dns-operations] Multi-master setups

Carlos M. martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Mon May 20 16:52:06 UTC 2013

rsync sounds like a fine solution, the problem imo, is what happens when
something goes wrong, when a file transfer fails.

right now i'm thinking about not rsync'ing the zone files by eash one,
but rsync a tar file with all the zone files, so if it fails, it fails
atomically (i know that this works for me, but other may prefer other
failure modes)

as a crude verification mechanism i was planning on naming the tar file
with the sha-256 hash of the tar file

cheers!

~Carlos