[dns-operations] DSCng 0.1.0

Bedrich Kosata bedrich.kosata at nic.cz
Wed May 15 06:53:54 UTC 2013

Hi Peter,

as the data are aggregated on the collector, it does not change much
with the traffic but mainly with its variability.

For the data we collect at .cz, storage requirements are roughly 1 GB
per year per server. The typical size of the files transferred each
minute from each server is about 70 KB (10 KB gzip compressed).

As for CPU utilization, this is hard to answer. Part of the CPU time is
needed to process new data, but this is more an I/O intensive job and
depends on the performance of your database. Most of the CPU time is
consumed when serving data to clients and this of course depends mainly
on the number of clients concurrently visiting the website. Currently we
do not do that much caching on the server side, so each client request
results in a new database query. In future, this will certainly be one
of the areas where optimizations will be added.

Best regards

Beda