[dns-operations] DSCng 0.1.0

Bedrich Kosata bedrich.kosata at nic.cz
Tue May 14 10:55:59 UTC 2013

On 14/05/13 10:33, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> Bedrich Kosata (bedrich.kosata) writes:
>>
>> More information about the project, as well as download links and
>> installation documentation, is available at http://www.dscng.cz/
>
> 	Great! Good to see you're using Pg :)
>
> 	Small question, from the website:
>
> "DSCng is a DNS server monitoring application. It is intended to replace
> the original DSC program one day, nowadays it’s just a next-generation
> frontend for the data of the old DSC."
>
> 	Does this mean that it's feature-complete enough as a front-end, to
> 	replace the current DSC front-end ?

DSCng has almost all features of the original front-end (and I write
"almost" just to play it safe) and some new ones. If you would like to
give it a try, I would suggest running it alongside the old one (it uses
the same data as input), so that you are not stuck with the new version
if it does not suit you.

I think that the biggest weakness of DSCng is that it has not seen much
real-world usage, so there will probably be some rough edges to smooth
in future releases. Any feedback is most welcome.

Cheers

Beda

--
Bedrich Kosata