[dns-operations] DNS-OARC Spring Workshop Final Information

Keith Mitchell keith at dns-oarc.net
Sat May 11 19:35:35 UTC 2013

Our Dublin workshop is proving to be packed, from both a content and
attendance point of view.

Our main themed session for the workshop is on the ever-topical subject
of open resolver-based attacks, with 4 speakers, chaired by Merike Kaeo
on Sunday afternoon. Much of Monday morning is devoted to talks and
operational experience and measurement of DNSSEC. We have a number of
talks on various approaches to DNS monitoring, and several research talks.

My new colleague William Sotomayor will be reporting on his progress
rejuvenating OARC's infrastructure, and I will be speaking about the
recent member survey, board retreat, and ensuing OARC development plan.
Note that although these talks in the second half of Monday morning are
targetted at and mostly of interest to OARC Members, we are not having a
formally closed members-only session this time.

Please note that the meeting venue is now *full*, and we can't accept
and further registrations or walk-ins. If you registered, please ensure
you pick up your badge when you arrive so you have access to lunch and
the evening social event.

If you didn't register, you can still attend remotely - you can find the
speakers' slides via the agenda at:

  https://indico.dns-oarc.net/indico/conferenceTimeTable.py?confId=0

and we will be webcasting proceedings with help from ICANN at:

  http://icann.adobeconnect.com/dns-oarc/

with jabber remote participation at:

  xmpp:dns-operations at conference.jabber.dns-oarc.net

For on-site connectivity, we'll be using the RIPE meeting wireless
network, look for SSID "ripemtg".

During the Sunday lunch break, Sebastian Castro will be running a PGP
signing session, please check the  with him for keyring details.

At the end of the Sunday (18:30) we have a social event, we're grateful
to OARC members APNIC, NZRS and RIPE External Relations for sponsoring
this, and also INEX and DB Events for helping organise it.

Finally, a big thank you to IEDR for sponsoring and helping with the
meeting, Nominet for sponsoring our coffee breaks, and the RIPE NCC
meeting and Ops teams for providing connectivity.

Look forward to seeing you all in Dublin !

Keith