[dns-operations] Who is xn--j1amh.? Well, the general problem...

Rick Wesson rick at support-intelligence.com
Wed Mar 20 15:18:10 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Joe Abley <jabley at hopcount.ca> wrote:

> It's not very reliable (the client I'm using seems to stall quite frequently, and I don't tend to notice promptly) but there's this:
>
>   https://twitter.com/RootChanges
>
> Not an IANA service, obviously, just a poorly-written hack. But it might be interesting to anybody who likes to skim the information deluge using twitter.
>

> Joe

clearly if twitter is the best option for the community to be
notified about upcoming changes to the root, we have identified
something that should be fixed.

What is the best method to ask the IANA to make a feed of upcoming changes.

   o an open letter with a bunch of signatures
   o a draft RFC
   o a side conversation at an ICANN office
   o ICANN PDP

or another better idea, for those without coffee yet :-)

-rick