[dns-operations] Who is xn--j1amh.? Well, the general problem...

Paul Hoffman paul.hoffman at vpnc.org
Wed Mar 20 14:56:49 UTC 2013

On Mar 20, 2013, at 7:48 AM, Rick Wesson <rick at support-intelligence.com> wrote:

> Does the IANA have an announce list for new additions to the root, if
> not, maybe the community would benifit by IANA starting one.

s/new additions/all changes/

I mirror the root zone every night and do diffs, and have found that some of the changes (this TLD is now doing IPv6, this TLD now has half as many NS records, this TLD's nameservers moved from Randy to Woody, ...)

More appropriately to this thread: it would benefit the politics-watchers (and there are many out there) to have an announce list of changes to the whois data in the root.

This is a perfect application of Atom feeds, FWIW.

--Paul Hoffman