[dns-operations] DS keys for child zones on same server & inline signing

Carlos M. Martinez carlosm3011 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 15:55:25 UTC 2013

I sent an email to the list with some details on that, but somehow it didn't make it to the list.

In a few words: always edit your unsigned zone, never the signed one. Always check the CURRENT serial as published on the signed zone before incrementing. This last thing almost drove me crazy a year ago.

Then you do an rndc reload zone, the answer should be "zone reload queued". If you get a zone up to date message, you got the serial wrong.

Cheers

Carlos

Sent from my iPad