[dns-operations] DS keys for child zones on same server & inline signing

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Mar 15 11:22:06 UTC 2013

Phil Pennock <dnsop+phil at spodhuis.org> wrote:

This is a bit BIND-specific so you might get a better answer on the
bind-users list...

> My understanding is that DS records "belong" to the parent zone, above
> the cut, so I'd added the DS records to globnix.net itself, and forced a
> zone reload of the children and of that zone, which should trigger
> automatic re-signing, per "auto-dnssec maintain".  I think.

I believe that is right, though I haven't tried it. What did named log
when you asked it to reload the zones?

Tony.
Forties, Cromarty: East, veering southeast, 4 or 5, occasionally 6 at first.
Rough, becoming slight or moderate. Showers, rain at first. Moderate or good,
occasionally poor at first.