[dns-operations] Problem with ns.uu.net

Chris Thompson cet1 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 27 20:12:54 UTC 2013

On Jun 27 2013, Jaana Järve wrote:

>is there anybody here who can either confirm or deny that ns.uu.net is not
>and has not been answering queries about .int or .ee?
>And if it is talking to you, what serial does it give for .ee?

I am getting responses from it all right (80-90ms response time which
agrees with traceroute - 18 hops from my workstation) but the serial for
EE it gives is 1370411401 while the other nameservers give 1372362601
(guessing those are time_t values, it's 3 weeks behind - still only
half the SOA.expire value).

It's putatively up to date for INT with serial 2013062400.

[I was amused, in a way, to notice that INT still has ns1.cs.ucl.ac.uk
as one of its nameservers. A truly venerable server, and you can really
believe the result of running "dig CH TXT version.bind @ns1.cs.ucl.ac.uk".]

--
Chris Thompson               University of Cambridge Computing Service,
Email: cet1 at ucs.cam.ac.uk    New Museums Site, Cambridge CB2 3QH,