[dns-operations] Clear DNS cache

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Thu Jun 20 10:19:50 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 09:57:07AM +0000,
 Franck Martin <fmartin at linkedin.com> wrote
 a message of 7 lines which said:

> the dot com DNS got corrupted for several domains, you may have
> still wrong entries lingering in your DNS cache. This may affect
> sending/receiving emails. Please check your logs, and clear your DNS
> cache.

I share Jan-Piet's and Marco's concerns:

1) ".com" corrupted? Really? I would prefer to learn it from
Verisign. You mean that Network Solutions broke something again? Not
the same thing as a ".com corruption".

2) Your mail is not authentified. I see nothing on LinkedIn's Web
site.

3) There are no technical details (I can read The Register
<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/06/20/linkedin_dns_hijacked/> or
Reddit
<http://www.reddit.com/r/netsec/comments/1gpl3p/linkedin_dns_has_been_hijacked_pointing_at_rogue/>
but there are little details.