[dns-operations] old (historical) zone files ?

Marjorie marjorie at id3.net
Tue Jun 18 21:03:30 UTC 2013

Hello List,

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post that kind of request
or off-topic... I was thinking that the DNS gurus among you might be
able to help ;-)

Basically I am researching early Internet usage and I would be
interested in (very) old zone files (or plain domain lists) from around
between 1985 and 1990, that is the pre-WWW days. I'm interested in both
gTLDs and ccTLDs.
Tough, I know.
Any idea ?

Also, another side question. Is there an archive of the hosts.txt file ?
I found this:
http://www.postel.org/pipermail/internet-history/2007-December/000692.html

This too: http://osdir.com/ml/culture.internet.history/2007-12/msg00001.html

But no central repository ?