[dns-operations] Way to test remote EDNS capability?

Brian Somers bsomers at opendns.com
Fri Jun 7 16:14:54 UTC 2013

IMHO you're right - you just happened to hit the bogus server (that doesn't support ENDS0?).

I think it's relevant that servers may accept +bufsize=<some-very-big-number> but still respond with a TC when the response is greater than some smaller threshold.  I believe the only real way to test this is to actually request a payload close to the size you're looking for (which isn't too easy if you're talking directly to an authoritative server).

--
Brian Somers
bsomers at OpenDNS.com