[dns-operations] Monday rant againt the uses of the Public Suffix List

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Mon Jan 21 22:38:56 UTC 2013

On Jan 21, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 03:29:28PM -0500, Warren Kumari wrote:
>> Please sir, if I run www.images.example.co.uk, can I set a cookie at images.example.co.uk? How about example.co.uk? Fine… Now .co.uk? Hmm…
>>
>> There is no DNS query that will (or should) tell me that...
>
> I strongly disagree, and have written a draft that would provide,
> among other things, what I believe to be such a mechanism

Oh…. Huh. Well, there's a thing…

(Obviously) I haven't had a chance to actually read this properly yet, but from a quick skim it looks like a grand idea…

I guess I'll modify my earlier to "There is no DNS query that will (or should) currently tell me that, but maybe in the not too distant future there will be… Go read: <blah>"

:-)