[dns-operations] Enom's name server broken?

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.com
Wed Jan 16 15:49:52 UTC 2013

On 16 Jan 2013, at 15:00, Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
 wrote:

> On 13-01-16 12:33 AM, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>>
>> On 16 jan 2013, at 02:58, "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele at blacknight.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The only time I've seen DNS being pulled or domains pointed at holding pages as described is with resellers of registrars
>>

> I can't seem to find the original email in this thread where Michele
> said that (maybe it went off-list?)

Nope - I posted to the list - you wouldn't have seen it if I hadn't :)

> But we routinely see it by the registrars I have cited, not their resellers.

We've never seen it except when its one of the resellers of a registrar

For example, in the case of Network Solutions, several of the Irish telcos are / were resellers of theirs and would disable DNS services when they thought a domain was being moved away

We've never seen it happen with any of our customers moving to us from Network Solutions, Enom, GoDaddy, Tucows, Register.com or anyone else

> For example:
>
> http://www.cringely.com/2012/06/24/i-hate-network-solutions/
>
> So this is not a "loose reseller" problem, it is S.O.P at two of the
> largest registrars around.

It's not "SOP" - if it was we'd see it - and we don't

> For the record, what we do is keep your DNS settings active within our
> system until your paid term ends. If you don't renew then we flush the
> domain.

I'd have to check with our technical team exactly, but with us if the domain is associated with hosting only and the hosting expires then the DNS goes too as they're linked directly

If the DNS is associated with the domain and not hosting then it doesn't expire immediately

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Solutions ♞