[dns-operations] Enom's name server broken?

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Wed Jan 16 05:33:21 UTC 2013

On 16 jan 2013, at 02:58, "Michele Neylon :: Blacknight" <michele at blacknight.com> wrote:

> The only time I've seen DNS being pulled or domains pointed at holding pages as described is with resellers of registrars

It is my view that what a reseller do (or not) is under the responsibility of the registrar. So whether the registrar or reseller is (mis-)behaving does not matter. It is a problem/error of the registrar [that potentially must keep their resellers on a short leash].

Because of this view of mine (which I know I do not share with everyone) I think some discussions that separate reseller from registrar, specifically in ICANN context, is exaggerated. One should concentrate on responsibilities a registrar have. And then if they decide to use resellers or not is their problem.

That said, I agree with your view :-P

   Patrik