[dns-operations] Can you force your IPv4/v6 DNS server to return v4 responses only on recursive lookups

Stephan Lagerholm stephan.lagerholm at secure64.com
Tue Jan 15 20:09:25 UTC 2013

Hi Karen,

There are a few vendors (disclaimer I work for one of them) that has
implemented a "disable-aaaa-on-v4-transport" feature that might be able
to do what you are looking for.

You can google for 'yahoo dns hack' to get more info.

/Stephan

return v4 responses only on recursive lookups

Hi,

Is it possible to configure my IPv4/IPv6 DNS server to return v4 queries
only when doing recursive lookups?

Thanks,