[dns-operations] Another whitepaper on DDOS

Daniel Kalchev daniel at digsys.bg
Wed Feb 27 08:28:53 UTC 2013

Good example. I have argued for quite some time, that one of the DNSSEC primary benefits is to fight misconfigurations. With DNSSEC an misconfigured domain just "fails" instead of continuing to "work somehow".

There are lots of misconfigured domains on the Internet and plenty clueless DNS admins. Those are the primary resistance to widespread adoption of DNSSEC. Unfortunately, most management types who could enforce an DNSSEC-only policy don't know or just don't care. For most "does the web site open in a browser?" is good enough.

Daniel

Sent from my iPad