[dns-operations] Capturing 8.8.8.8 Traffic

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Tue Feb 26 01:12:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 19:17 -0500, Robert Edmonds wrote:

> yes, who knows what google is doing with all that data.  they would
> never tell us that.

yes, just like they never "war drived" around the many countries that
have since fined them for doing so.
I take what they say with a grain of salt.

>     We delete these temporary logs within 24 to 48 hours.

after they have already mined what they want, naturally they would have
no need to keep them around

>     In the permanent logs, we don't keep personally identifiable
>     information or IP information. We do keep some location information
>     (at the city/metro level) so that we can conduct debugging, analyze
>     abuse phenomena.

oops the blogger forgot to include targeted advertising - googles
privacy invading speciality, or perhaps that's what they covertly meant
by "location info", and one of the reasons you wont find me using any of
their services past web searches.

couldn't be bothered reading any more of the propaganda, because the
commercial reality will be different, other large corporations have
shown us that from history.