[dns-operations] Defending against DNS reflection amplification attacks

Paul Ferguson fergdawgster at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 03:43:03 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 7:38 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> one urban definition of insanity is repeating the same thing expecting
> different results.
>
> i do not disagree with bcp38.  i just don't think repeating that anyone
> who does not deploy it is an anti-internet asshole is going to get any
> more significent deployment.  that approach has been failing for many
> years.
>
> randy

I don't think I said anything even closely resembling that.

I did said that we (community) are not doing a proper job of promoting
proper behavior (and configuration) on the Internet.

And it's not all about BCP38 either. There are tens of millions of
open DNS recursive resolvers out there...

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawgster(at)gmail.com