[dns-operations] universal deployment of BCP38 and won't/can't semantics

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Fri Feb 22 20:41:20 UTC 2013

Colm MacCárthaigh (colm) writes:

> Are there ways that neutral third parties (Cymru and Caida come to
> mind) could maintain lists of networks that don't enforce BCP38?

	Not likely - there is an existing project to collect these kind of stats:

	http://spoofer.cmand.org/
	http://spoofer.cmand.org/summary.php

	But only aggregate stats are published, no details.

	http://spoofer.cmand.org/faq.php

"Does this effort help scammers find an ISP that allows spoofing?"

No. We keep data on individual networks private and only publish
aggregate statistics.  [...]