[dns-operations] Implementation of negative trust anchors?

Ralf Weber Ralf.Weber at nominum.com
Tue Aug 27 12:27:29 UTC 2013

Moin!

On 26 Aug 2013, at 15:08, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> So what would your advise be to the people running resolvers/validators?
>
> in internet operations we open a ticket with the op that has the problem.
> we even use <gasp> voice phones, if that is what it takes.
Sure. Been there, done that. However there are times when resolution of a problem is not fast, for various reasons: Timezones, software release cycles, registar/registry schedules to name just a few. As not validating at all or not getting to the domain needed for a prolonged time is not an option what is needed is a workaround until the problem is resolved and that is what NTAs are. Workarounds are also quite common in internet operations...

So long
-Ralf