[dns-operations] Implementation of negative trust anchors?

Vernon Schryver vjs at rhyolite.com
Fri Aug 23 18:39:40 UTC 2013

> From: WBrown at e1b.org

> > and protect the advertising revenue from those typosquatted domains.
>
> Why would a typosquatted domain fail DNSSEC?  When DNSSEC is universal and
> easy to do, it will  be signed from the TLD on down, just like every other
> domain.

I wasn't talking about the typosquatters who give the registrar and
registry their cuts.

I meant the typosquatters who (at first) replace only NXDOMAINs
(and later decide that what's good for the "legitimate" typosquatters
is good for them).

I assume we all remember the NXDOMAIN typeosquatting kerfuffles.
Are any (potential) eyeball networks (in hotels for example) squatting
on NXDOMAINs today?

Vernon Schryver    vjs at rhyolite.com