[dns-operations] Implementation of negative trust anchors?

Ralf Weber Ralf.Weber at nominum.com
Fri Aug 23 17:06:34 UTC 2013

Moin!

On 23.08.2013, at 09:02, Vernon Schryver <vjs at rhyolite.com> wrote:
> YES!  Eyeball networks are paid by their customers to act as
> pre-front-line support for bad DNS delegations, broken HTTP servers,
> and all other content provider problems.
I have no words for this. I spend most of my professional career at ISPs/Telcos that provided access services. I never thought that our business was tech support for the rest of the Internet. Access providers are paid less and less over the last decades and yet provided faster services and are struggling with earning money on customers. On a previous job a controller said if we had one call from a subscriber in a month we would loose money. And you are suggesting these people to do DNSSEC tech support for all those who can't sign their zones? Speechless.

So long
-Ralf
---
Ralf Weber