[dns-operations] .US problems?

Stephen Johnson (DIS) Stephen.Johnson at arkansas.gov
Mon Aug 19 19:27:21 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 12:52 -0700, Casey Deccio wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:42 PM,  <WBrown at e1b.org> wrote:
> > Is anyone else seeing problems resolving .us addresses?
> >

> Hmm, availability doesn't look good from my vantage point:
>
> http://dnsviz.net/d/us/Ug0wfw/servers/
> http://dnsviz.net/d/us/Ug0wfw/responses/
>
> All servers except one (b's IPv6 interface) appear to be sending
> REFUSED messages.

I'm a bit late to the thread. But this is what we saw. Our zone health
checks started to fail due to the REFUSED responses coming from the .US
NS servers.

We use state.ar.us and k12.ar.us extensive in out data center (we are
authoritative for them.) I sounded the red alert when the zone health
checks started to fail. We don't get notified unless they've been down 4
+ minutes.

I called Neustar's netops. The agent I talked with confirmed they has an
issue. He didn't give me any details. But things has been resolved by
the time I called.

> Casey

Stephen L Johnson  <stephen.johnson at arkansas.gov>
Unix Systems Administrator / DNS Hostmaster
Department of Information Systems
State of Arkansas
501-682-4339