[dns-operations] bind + client-subnet

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Tue Aug 13 03:57:12 UTC 2013

Does anyone know if BIND supports the client-subnet option, or do I need to seek another recursive resolver for this?

it does seem there are some patches, but I'm not sure if this is something others have experimented with, e.g.:

http://wilmer.gaa.st/edns-client-subnet/

We operate a large recursive resolver infrastructure and I'm thinking the users will be best served with this option set to be directed to local CDN caches.

Wanted to ask about what others were doing before I went to our dns group.

- Jared