[dns-operations] Biggest Fake Conference in Computer Science

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Sat Apr 20 15:36:51 UTC 2013

On Sat, 20 Apr 2013, jimsimpson2 at hushmail.com wrote:

> We are researchers from different parts of the world and conducted a study on
> the world’s biggest bogus computer science conference WORLDCOMP
> ( http://sites.google.com/site/worlddump1 ) organized by Prof. Hamid Arabnia
> from University of Georgia, USA.

There are so many of these. Ever since speaking at black hat I get
these, usually pretending to be in Orlando, Florida. If you go to the
website, find a bit of crappy html, and search for it, you will find
dozens of these mostly identical sites targetting people.

The funny thing is, with people getting frauded and going to Orlando
when nothing is happening, I'm sure most victims  usually won't tell
their university department or boss about the fraud.

I should have a dozen or more emails, and at one point even harvested
these sites (back in like 2009 era)

Paul