[dns-operations] Buzzwords Bingo or Radware on SDN DDoS protection

Dobbins, Roland rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Apr 1 15:22:42 UTC 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:18 PM, Rikimaru, Scott wrote:

> Perhaps this is how Radware is getting to a diversion model with their products?

OpenFlow is a dynamic, programmable control-plane for networking devices.  The initial focus has been on switches.

However, there isn't much in the way of OpenFlow running in production environments.  It's a relatively new, immature concept, and none of the major vendors are really committed to it, as they want to try and keep things proprietary.

I think OpenFlow is something which may benefit us (and potentially soi-disant competitors) in the future.  But it isn't something that's widely deployed, today.

	  Luck is the residue of opportunity and design.

		       -- John Milton