[dns-operations] DNS RRL light?

Mohamed Lrhazi ml623 at georgetown.edu
Sat Sep 15 09:41:40 UTC 2012

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 9:07 PM, Vernon Schryver <vjs at rhyolite.com> wrote:
> If possible, I'd use a bit hash function with lower CPU costs, although
> speed might matter.  However, it sounds as this is all done as in shell
> scripts, and so it's not expected to handle many queries per second.

Thanks a lot. I am using F5 BIGIP iRules, which is a restricted TCL,
and which provides the following functions:

crc32 - Returns the crc32 checksum for the specified string.
md5 - Returns the RSA MD5 Message Digest Algorithm message digest of
the specified string.
sha1 - Returns the SHA version 1.0 message digest of the specified string.
sha256 - Returns the Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA2) 256-bit message
digest of the specified string.
sha384 - Returns the Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA2) 384-bit message
digest of the specified string.
sha512 - Returns the Secure Hash Algorithm (SHA2) 512-bit m

I'll check with the vendor which is cheapest CPU and performance wise,
as they might be using hardware acceleration for these things.

Thanks a lot,
Mohamed.