[dns-operations] socialsecurity.gov

Joe Abley jabley at hopcount.ca
Wed Sep 12 15:34:04 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-12, at 09:46, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:

> another is that some usg, especially mil, sites are blocked to some
> japanese networks

Back when I was chasing packets in New Zealand it was fairly common to lose access to USG networks because their administrators had blocked "chinanet", by which they meant "202.0.0.0/7". Most NZ networks were covered by that supernet.

I would hope that things have moved on since then (it was a while ago), but the first thing that leapt to mind when you first mentioned the weirdness was "ah, someone's blocking 'chinanet'".

Joe