[dns-operations] socialsecurity.gov

Rose, Scott W. scott.rose at nist.gov
Wed Sep 12 13:47:30 UTC 2012

That could be what is going on - several USG agencies set up their servers to refuse queries from outside of the US. The dotgov.gov registrar interface used to (still does?) do this, much to the dismay of embassies around the world.

I would guess that the two servers on 199.173 are on admin group and the 137.200 net servers are another.  One configure to refuse international queries, one not.

Can anyone else in Japan reach the two servers?  Or anyone outside of North America?

Scott