[dns-operations] Pinging the root name servers to check my connectivity?

Jeroen Massar jeroen at unfix.org
Tue Sep 11 13:06:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-09-11 15:01 , WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
[..]
> Of course this scenario is not something a manufacturer like DLink or
> Linksys/Cisco can build into a product easily.

Or should be building into a product... I have seen numerous of those
small boxes cause all kinds of havoc already as the 'testing' was
looping at line rate speeds, of course the ISP/provider in question then
is at fault as 'the service is broken', the user cannot do much about it
they claim.

Greets,
 Jeroen