[dns-operations] Research Project: Identifying DNSSEC Validators

Wessels, Duane dwessels at verisign.com
Thu Sep 6 22:28:49 UTC 2012

On Sep 6, 2012, at 11:43 AM, Ralf Weber wrote:

> the white listing that you do for Vantio also only works in the case where you can query the resolver inbound from the Internet on the query source IP.

Yes, absolutely.

> The approach from Matthäus described earlier in the thread using javascript and two pics, one validating and one not seems cleaner to me and can deal with all the cases Olafur, myself and others had problems with.

Yes, Matthäus' technique certainly has some advantages.  But I'm glad we
didn't just do the same thing.  First, he would accuse us of stealing his
good idea.  Second, IMHO any time you try to do measurements like this
you'll find flaws and inaccuracies.  So I look forward to comparing our
results to his and finding where they agree and where they differ.

Duane W.