[dns-operations] Research Project: Identifying DNSSEC Validators

ogud at ogud.com ogud at ogud.com
Thu Sep 6 14:50:44 UTC 2012

Duane,

I can not reach the webserver on my laptop, running DNSSEC-trigger
that has Unbound on the local machine, forwarding to a Unbound on a local router,
that forwards to Unbound, Bind or Nominum  server.

In short your setup assumes that there is only one recursive resolver between the user
and authoritative server, that is not the case anymore :-)

Why can't you just use DNSKEY RRset with TTL of few seconds
to detect validating resolvers?

   Olafur